PPC MINUTES 11th JUNE 2018

MINUTES OF ST. PIUS X PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL MEETING

                     on 11th JUNE 2018 at 19:30


Present: Fr. Henry Tiku Wenna, Nick Whitehorn, Annette Cook, Sheila Farmer, Joanna Ledochowski, Neil Zoladkiewicz, John O’Neill, Kate Fitzsimmons, Margaret Uchendu, Christine Lilley, Tom Ennis

1.    Opening prayer and introductions

Update given by Nick:

Waiting for the new liturgical year to make plan

Churches Together – more info is needed

Film is going to be bought to show in parish centre

More counters and EMs needed

More altar servers needed

 

2.    GDPR briefing

Written update given by Richard S. Parish needs to comply with new regulations. Any paper lists we have, must be given to Fr. Henry to have destroyed. Electronic copies can be kept if password protected. No personal data to be on display.

 

Confirmation group to be asked for permission for data to be kept; Richard S will be asked to speak to John D and Neil C.

 

Fr. Henry will look into getting Deacon John from St. Joseph’s to give a talk on implementing the GDPR in our parish.

 

3.    Parish Activities, Affirmations, Shortcomings

Minutes from the last meeting were affirmed.

The lock on the door to the parish centre is now secure.

A new unit will be bought for the kitchen to give more storage and work surface.

Volunteers for mowing the lawns and general gardening are needed – John O’N offered. Father Henry to announce and put in the newsletter.

Confirmation class – 6 boys are being prepared by 3 leaders, meeting for a 3 hour block monthly. Confirmation date is 28th October.

RCIA – in September to ask if anyone is interested.

 

4.    Parish Feast Day / Summer BBQ

This is to be held on 9th September after the 10am Mass. Fr. Henry to announce and put in the newsletter soon in order to get volunteers organized before the summer break. Margaret U volunteered to coordinate the event.

 

5.    Appeal by St John’s Seminary, Wonersh

Details to be put into the newsletter. Suggestion made to have a second collection for this and also for the parish to sponsor the cost of renovating a bedroom.

 

6.    Parking Restriction

A debate took place as to whether the parking bay should be for disabled or left as it is and the possibility of having a designated parking space for church use. Neil Z to compose a letter to ask Council; John O’N to find the name of the appropriate Council official to send the letter to.

 

7.    A.O.B.

Parish meditation to be held on Saturday 22nd September after the 10am Mass. Neil Z to organize.

 

8.    Updating the Parish

The minutes of the meeting to be put up in the church porch, mentioned in the newsletter and put on the parish website. The next PPC meeting will be on 25th October at 7.30pm.

 

9.    Closing Prayer

The meeting closed at 9.15pm

(copyright St. Pius X RC Church)